Vol. II [Exclusive Maroon] [Pre-Order]
This is a PRE-ORDER. Ships by the end of August. *
* This is an estimate given to us by production and is subject to change.
Sean and Sara recorded Vol. II in January of 2022. The siblings and their guests recorded the entire LP in just three days, decamping at the historic East West Studio in Los Angeles with producers David Boucher and Tyler Chester. While plotting the project, the pair had a deep roster of past Family Hour guests to choose from, a process that also contributed to song selection for the album.
“A lot of the strategy was marrying the songs to the guests that we wanted to be part of the record,” Sara says. “So we knew, for example, that Willie Watson was somebody who we wanted to have on the record because we have such a long history with him specifically. So we did the Jim and Jesse song ‘She Left Me Standing on the Mountain’ with Gabe Witcher and Willie, who are both part of the foundation of the Family Hour.”
While Vol. II is certainly a celebration of the band’s collaborative show itself, it’s also a tribute to Largo, the beloved Los Angeles venue that first hosted them and is an essential hub of the city’s creative community. “We wanted to capture what we’ve done over the years, but also capture the process that is continually at work, which is this intermingling of the musical community here in Los Angeles that surrounds Largo.”
1. The Way I Feel Inside (Ft. Lucius)
2. HypnotizedPitseleh (Feat. Madison Cunningham)
3. Thanks a Lot (Ft. Jon Brion)
4.The Late Show (Ft. Jackson Browne)
5. Tennessee Waltz (Ft. Benmont Tench)
6. She Left Me Standing on the Mountain (Ft. Willie Watson)
7. We Were Meant to Be TogetherOn the Outside (Ft. Gaby Moreno)
8. (Remember Me) I’m the One Who Loves You (Ft. Fiona Apple)
9. Grief and Praise (Ft. Madison Cunningham)